Losing a family member is one of life's great challenges. Often, you barely have time to come to terms with the loss before being overwhelmed by the pressures of taking care of an estate and the final expenses. Questions you may ask yourself are:
- How will bills get paid?
- Who gets an inheritance?
- What do I do about family disagreements?
- Where did my father hide his will?
At MooreLaw, we guide you through the probate process and remove its pressures. We offer assistance from beginning to end:
- assist in your application to the court seeking appointment
- advise you about your powers and responsibilities once appointed
- help you prepare accountings and reports required by the court
- filing the petition
- assisting you in being appointed by the court to act as the personal representative
- locating and securing the estate property
- preparing tax returns for the estate
- paying bills and debts legally owed by the estate
- disbursing estate proceeds to heirs
- filing the final accounts to the court
- obtaining a discharge from the court closing the estate